Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resolutions for 2009

1)Read the Bible through-I will do this by setting aside time each morning to read the chapters that are prescribed in the ESV reading plan in the back of my Bible. I will try to read 2 sections per day so that if I miss a day, I will be ahead.

2)I resolve to speak kindly to my beloved and sweet wife. I will do this by praying that God gives me the grace to remember she is not a man; she needs me to speak sweetly to her.

3)I resolve to read 3 books to my son each night that I am home.

4)I resolve that to the best of my ability, I will find a church that is biblical, missional, and has music that points me back to the cross and the work of Jesus on my behalf. I will do this by attending various churches for the first 4 months of the year, then talking with my wife about our experiences, then praying that the Holy Spirit would lead us to the right one.

5)I resolve that I will record my worship songs I have written in an album form. I will do this by spending less time on stupid Facebook, and more time organizing and arranging my songs; planning out the recording project.

6)My sixth resolution is a private one. God help me to honor You in all I do.

No comments: