Friday, April 29, 2011

My First Parable

A certain Reformed pastor went up to the church to pray.

As he crossed the lawn, he happened to glance at the Foursquare church across the street and the carwash they were having to sponsor junior high camp.

"That's not a very good use of their time," he thought as he made his way into the chapel where he was going to meet with God. He began to pray and said, "Father, I thank you that I am not like these Foursquare people and that I believe in the cessation of spiritual gifts. I am so glad that I am a 5 point Calvinist and that I hold strictly to the Lord's Day and the Regulative Principle. I'm about to finish my third book on the Doctrines of Grace and I conduct family worship regularly. In fact, I even home school my children! Thank you, Lord!"

The junior high leader across the street was praying as well and said, "Lord, you know where these kids are at...all 250 of them. I want you to work in their lives and to make them christians. Only you can do this. Please help them."

Which one of these men understands the idea that God changes people and that it is He that is at work to save sinners?

Which one of these men are you?

No comments: